Huntington’s Disease Care, Education, and Research Center
A Huntington Disease Society of America (HDSA) Center of Excellence
The Huntington’s Disease Care, Education, and Research Center uses a multi-disciplinary approach to the treatment of patients and their families. Consistent with Georgetown University Medical Center’s devotion to cura personalis, or cure of the whole person, the HDCERC aims towards cura familia, or cure of the whole family. Our services and support encompass family members and caregivers.
Make a Gift
Give a gift online in support of the Georgetown University Huntington Care, Education, and Research Center.
You and your family will benefit from our:
- Team approach. Our program includes experts across the entire spectrum of care, from neuropsychologists and genetic counselors to therapists and social workers. All of these specialists are available in our clinic and regularly consult on patient cases.
- Comprehensive treatments. Our specialists develop personalized treatment plans to manage every aspect of the disease: movement disorders, mood disorders and cognitive disorders.
- Family focus. We realize that no family can manage Huntington’s disease on its own without real social support. We are one of the only clinics that has a full-time dedicated social worker.
- Commitment to research. Our Center is part of the Huntington Study Group, a collaboration of medical experts conducting research and clinical trials in the hopes of finding better treatments and ways to slow or stop the disease.
- Community locations. We believe it’s important to provide care at locations convenient and easily accessible to our patients. We also have offices at MedStar Montgomery Medical Center in Olney, MD, and MedStar Health in McLean, VA.
For more information, including videos from clinicians, visit Huntington’s Disease Center at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital.
Emilee Piechota LICSW, LCSW, MSW
Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
Appointment line: 202-687-1366
HD CERC News
- March 2023 Newsletter
HD CERC Events
- 3/28/2023 7-8 PM EST– MedStar/Georgetown Virtual Educational Support Group