Collaborative for Research on Outcomes and Metrics (CROM)
The main aim of the Collaborative for Research on Outcomes and -Metrics (CRΘM) is to change the way that biomedical data are analyzed. CRΘM brings methods and perspectives from psychometrics, neuropsychometrics and biometrics (those are the -Metrics) into clinical and biomedical research. This Collaborative capitalizes on experience and training in cognitive science and neuropsychology, measurement, statistics and biostatistics, bringing together expertise in computational statistics, clinical trial and study design and analysis, and psychometrics and other modeling skills of this type, belonging to affiliated scholars, to form a unique interdisciplinary research team.
For more information, please visit CROM’s website.
Program Director: Rochelle Tractenberg
- Futoshi Yumoto, Ph.D.
- Frances Yang, Ph.D.
- Richard Jones, Sc.D.
- Robert Pietrzak, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Assistant Professor, Department of Neurology
291 Building D
4000 Reservoir Road, NW
Washington, DC 20007
- Tractenberg RE*, Yumoto F, Aisen PS, Kaye JA, & Mislevy R. (in press). Using the Guttman scale to define and estimate measurement error in items over time: the case of cognitive decline and the meaning of “points lost”. PLoS ONE.
- Avdoshina V, Garzino-Demo A, Bachis A, Monaco MCG, Maki PM, Tractenberg RE, Liu C, Young MA, Mocchetti I. (2011). Human Immunodeficiency Virus-1 decreases the levels of neurotrophins in human lymphocytes. AIDS May 15;25(8):1126-8.
- Tractenberg RE* & Pietrzak R. (2011). Intra-individual variability in cognitive aging: Definitions, context, and effect sizes. PLOS One. Apr 19;6(4):e16973.
- Tractenberg RE*, Fillenbaum G, Aisen PS, Liebke DE, Yumoto F, and Kuchibhatla M. (2010). What the CERAD battery can tell us about executive function as a higher order cognitive faculty. Current Gerontology & Geriatrics Research. vol. 2010, Article ID 510614, 10 pages, 2010. doi:10.1155/2010/510614.
- Tractenberg RE*, Yumoto, F, Jin S, Morris JC. (2010). Sample size requirements for training to a kappa agreement criterion on Clinical Dementia Ratings. Alzheimers Disease and Associated Disorders. 2010 May 13. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 20473138
- Tractenberg RE*, McCarter RJ and Umans J. (2010). A Mastery Rubric for clinical research training: guiding curriculum design, admissions, and development of course objectives. Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education 35(1):15-32.
- Slezicki KI, Cho YW, Yi SD, Brock MS, Pfeiffer MH, McVearry KM, Tractenberg RE, Motamedi, GK. (2009). Incidence of atypical handedness in epilepsy and its association with clinical factors. Epilepsy and Behavior. 16(2):330-4.
- Tractenberg RE*. (2009). Analytic methods for factors, dimensions and endpoints in clinical trials for Alzheimer’s disease. Journal of Nutrition, Health and Aging 13(3): 249-255.