Huntington’s Disease Care, Education, and Research Center: Clinical Trials
For more information on clinical trials please contact Robin Kuprewicz at 202-893-1115.
Active, Currently Enrolling:
- Enroll-HD: is a worldwide observational study for family members affected by Huntington’s disease, including spouses. Participants attend an annual study session at where they undergo a series of movement, behavioral and task-oriented tests, as well as a quality-of-life evaluation. Participants also may choose to donate a small volume of blood.
- HD Clarity: is an extension of the Enroll-HD study with a primary objective of collecting high quality CSF samples for evaluation of biomarkers and pathways that will enable the development of novel treatments for HD. This study involves a screening visit and sampling visit once a year.
- Dimension-HD: is a phase 2, placebo-controlled, double blind study to evaluate the effect of SAGE-718 on cognitive performance and functioning in participants with HD. Participants take an oral once daily pill for approximately 140 days.
- SURVEYOR: is a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study designed to evaluate the cognitive performance differences between participants with Huntington’s disease (HD) and non-HD participants. The study will also evaluate the potential effects of SAGE-718 on cognition and functioning, and its safety and tolerability, in participants with pre-manifest or early manifest HD. Participants take an oral once daily pill for approximately 28 days.
- Generation HD2: is a phase 2, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-finding study to evaluate the safety, biomarkers, and efficacy of Tominersen in individuals with prodromal and early manifest Huntington’s Disease. The study will evaluate safety, biomarkers, and efficacy of 60mg and 100mg tominersen administered intrathecally every 16 weeks for 16 to 24 months compared with placebo in participants with prodromal and early manifest Huntington’s Disease.
- Purview HD: is a phase 3, open-label study to evaluate the long-term safety and tolerability of SAGE-718 in participants with Huntington’s Disease. Participants take an oral once daily pill for up to 365 days.
Active, Not Enrolling:
- PROOF-HD: is a worldwide clinical trial studying pridopidine as a possible treatment for Huntington’s Disease. This is a phase 3, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of pridopidine 45 mg twice a day in patients with early stage HD. The study will last between 65-78 weeks and will have the option to enroll into an open-label extension.
- Kinect-HD 2: is a phase 3 open-label study to evaluate the long-term safety and tolerability of Valbenazine, and to provide subjects continued access to Valbenazine for the treatment of chorea associated with Huntington’s disease.
Find more Clinical Trial information at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital.